.

Friday, April 12, 2019

A diverse and interesting learning environment for all students Essay Example for Free

A diverse and interesting learning environment for completely students EssayAccepting attitudes towards wholly human beings creates a diverse and interesting learning environment for all students. I recall an incident while at a summer program a fewer years ago. We, the students, were staying overnight on a college campus to participate in seminars that would further our growth and readiness for the future. As part of the program, we were required to stay overnight in the dorm rooms. We were each paired up with unitary other person who would be our roomy for the two eld. I come from a neighborhood that is to begin with white so I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I would be sharing a room with someone who was from the Middle East. We quickly settled into our rooms and prepared ourselves for the first of two days of learning activities. My roommate awoke, got up and spread a blanket on the floor to pray. I watched my roommate kneeling on the floor saying words in a lan guage that I didnt understand. When finished, I asked my roommate about this practice and learned a little bit about the Muslim religion and why prayers are said several times daily.See more Satirical evidence about drugsI also had the opportunity to share a little bit about my suffer faith. I had a large amount of respect for my roommate because it isnt easy to pray in front of other people let alone people one doesnt even know. I also gained respect because my roommate wasnt ashamed of praying or of the Muslim faith. This experience has helped prepare me for tone in a world made up of people from all over the world with different values, viewpoints and religions.My own background and demeanor achievements would add to the diversity of University because I too have valuable ideas and custom that would add to the interesting mix of University life. My ability to gain respect for people who have different life values enables me to be a student of a University that embraces accep tance for other cultures. Even though I would be considered the majority, I welcome the opportunity to learn alongside people from different places.

No comments:

Post a Comment